Here are a few garden jobs to do this month:
1. Lawns - get on top of the maintenance now, scarify, feed and mow and don't let spring growth get out of control.
2. Start sowing veg outdoors, try a succession of smaller sowings to avoid a glut later in the year.
3. Hedges - trim before growth gets excessive to maintain shape of formal hedges but look out for nesting birds!
4. Weeding - do it before weeds get established, it's easier.
5. Take advantage of nurseries bringing in new spring stocks but buy with purpose and an overall plan to make best use of your spending.